Monday, January 4, 2010

I've never been a big fan of hip-hop...

But lately that's changing.

It's hard to find really good lyrics, even in Christian music - theologically sound lyrics that truly honor God and focus on Him rather than us and our felt needs. However, my family has found some Christian rap/hip-hop artists with really good lyrics. Here are two songs I really like:

"Atonement Q&A" - Shai Linne feat. Stephen the Levite


"Who Is He" - Json feat. Lecrae


The second of the two songs I just posted is available on a free sampler recently posted by Lamp Mode Recordings on their website:
http://www.lampmode.com/resources/grass-roots-2/
The sampler is called Grassroots Vol. 2, and I highly recommend it. Vol. 1 is also available elsewhere on the website... I haven't listened to it much yet, but from what I've heard of it, it's also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment